FLSA Status: Exempt
Prepared Date: June 20, 2012
The ideal candidate will be a hands-on individual who knows nickel, copper trivalent chrome plating in addition to strong knowledge and experience regarding environmental regulations. This includes the basic principles of electroplating, surface preparation of parts, the role of rinsing and the associate plating equipment and tank processes. This candidate will provide technical leadership of plating cycles, test methods, troubleshooting and collaborate with management team administering all phases of environmental health and safety.
- Supports and maintains the plating manufacturing process, enabling optimal production of new and existing products, including quality, cost, yield and productivity improvements.
- Analysis, design and implementation of process improvements within the plating area.
- Control plating chemicals, equipment line and lab analysis associated with the plating of brass and steel products.
- Assist in production schedule planning to ensure on time production delivery.
- Maintain a safe working environment, adhere to safety principles.
- Ensure compliance with all the laws and regulations related to environmental health and safety
- Accomplishes plating staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating and enforcing systems, policies and procedures.
At least B.S. in material science, chemistry, chemical engineering, or related fields.
1-3 years of experience and knowledge in electroplating areas, such as copper plating, nickel electroplating and trivalent chromium plating.
Organized, detail-oriented with strong communications and interpersonal skills.
Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
Proficient in Microsoft office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word).
A continuous improvement mentality.
Knowledge of Spanish a plus, but not required.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please use Plating Engineer as the subject title of your email.